Wednesday, February 22, 2012

You color my world





I missed valentine's day with my class here in Germany while I was gone. I was awful sad about this because it was always one of my favorite school holidays. I love to watch the kids give each other valentines. I love watching them get excited to see who brought what kind of valentines. I saw an idea on beloved pinterest about making crayon hearts using a heart mold and melted crayons. I decided I wanted to try it. So a while back I ordered a heart mold online that came well before time. We also switched out the crayons in the workstation spinners not too long ago so I held on to the extra for this cause. So basically this project only cost me the cost of the mold, which will undoubtedly get used for other things. It took a lot longer than I thought it would but they turned out really cute and I proudly presented them to my students today even though I had missed actaul valentine's day!

The next big school assignment coming up: the 100th day cake!! YES!!! I am sooo excited about this one. While I was home I found a pretty cool cake pan that allows you to make any letter and number you want so I will be making a 100 cake for our 100th day of school coming up soon.

Side note: pictures and info about our homegoing are forthcoming...promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment