Thursday, October 11, 2012

Moving On

Well it appears that God has called me to move on. I have prayed and done everything I think the Lord has asked of me in this situation. My husband and I have been separated for a couple months now. This is not something I wanted nor asked for. I have prayed for him each day and done my best to continue to show him love but clearly that is not going to change things. I know and fully believe in the power of prayer. I also know God gives us a choice of whether or not we follow His will and desire for our life. I cannot control what he decides to do.

There were brief moments when I thought that maybe healing would come of this messy situation I was placed in but I have been assured over the last few weeks that will not happen. I continued to pray and do what I thought was the right thing to do. I know that in the end of this mess God will be glorified because I have done my best to handle everything the way He would want me to handle it. That does not mean I have been ok. I have had fits of tears and anger. I am still confused as to why but I have to remind myself on a daily basis that God has a plan even when it does not seem like it. My family and true friends have been amazing. God has been faithful to give me the right message at the right time and when I was ready to hear it.

Nothing about this situation has been easy and it has tried my patience over and over again. It has pushed me to limits I never thought I could go. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers as you have been with me on this journey. Please continue to pray for me over the next few months as you feel led. Nothing will be finalized until after the baby is born for insurance purposes. So in addition to already off kilter emotions, it will be rough. Please just pray that God gives me the strength I need and that I continue to turn to him because He is the only one who will always love me no matter what!

6 comments:

  1. I am sending lots of prayers your way my friend! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girl. Praying for you. Hard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily. My heart is completely broken for you. I am a friend of Laura's and I'm making a promise to you today to pray for you every single day. I have no doubt that your sweet family and sweet Jesus will carry you through this hard time. Thank you for sharing this today- as hard as it may be. Much love, the hills

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily I am so terribly sorry for what you are going through! I will keep you in my prayers! You have always been such a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughts, prayers, love, and encouragement to you and your sweet baby boy. You are so loved, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. We'll be sending prayers your way - for a safe pregnancy and a healing heart. <3

    ReplyDelete