Wednesday, May 14, 2014

So Fun!

This past weekend was so fun and enjoyable, mainly because it was spent with family enjoying the weather. Saturday we got to enjoy dinner with my brother and sister-in-law who are expecting their first little one any day now and our first girl!! So excited- come on Emma!! Anyhow, we ate dinner, checked out their new house they will soon move into, and consumed desserts of course. It was a great time had by all.

Sunday we went to church and enjoyed worshipping and celebrating Godly women everywhere, not just mommies. After church we headed home so Ian could eat a quick lunch and nap. Mom and I set about prepping for dinner, while dad went and got some last minute grocery needs and our gourmet lunch of Arby's! Yes, folks- we do Mother's Day lunch in style!
Right about the time my sister and her family arrived, Ian woke up from his nap- perfect timing. His cousins were so excited to go swimming with him since last summer he didn't do much in the pool. I had to inform them that we were still working on getting him used to the water and he wasn't the biggest fan yet. They agreed to take it easy. :) Sweet boys! We enjoyed an afternoon of swimming, which Ian did better with the water and getting wet as the afternoon went on. After I was confident that Ian and I had done enough swimming- we opted to go put on our regular clothes and just enjoy watching the big boys for a little while.
He was pretty content with that if you can't tell. We played outside while Pop finished burgers and hotdogs and ate dinner out on the deck. All in all, we spent about five hours outside and it was glorious! This kid loves being outside and even after all that he still didn't want to go inside after his cousins left. I try to let him enjoy outside as much as I can. He played with his golf set for a while yesterday when we got home.
Two clubs is still way better than just one!! When it was time to go inside and eat dinner, he pitched a royal fit. He apparently was not done playing. Well, it was tough cookies for him! I am glad that he loves being outside so much. It gives me hope that when he is older maybe he won't just want to sit in front of the tv all afternoon. Love this little guy so and I am so glad to have him in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment