Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cooking Class in Session

Well, tennis season ended on Wednesday afternoon with a tough loss to the number 2 ranked team in the state. :( Oh well. I decided that since tennis was over and I would have more time in the afternoons now that it was about time I started learning how to cook more than macaroni and cheese, that is a stab for my sister that thinks that is all I know how to cook. Well a couple weeks ago I purchased this cook book that had some of America's most wanted recipes from several well-known restaurants. I decided to start with a favorite of mine, the fett. alfredo recipe from the Olive Garden. I deemed my first success on my new cooking adventure. It was a little more complicated than I thought it would be and it made TONS of pasta so I took the leftovers to school where everyone said that it was good.


I plan on trying more things down the road so I will keep you posted on how things go. I am getting excited about August getting closer and closer and Jonathan getting back. We have 15 weeks to go. I think the thing I am most excited about is knowing that once I am in his arms again I can hold tight knowing that I won't have to let go in a few days. That is the first time I will have been able to do that in a year and a half!!! Well I am off to go get ready for bed!

1 comment:

  1. nope...i figured you know how to make grilled cheese too...lol!

    this looks delicious and looks like it made a ton of food! congrats on a completed tennis season. maybe this can turn into a cooking blog!

    loved the new pics you put on FB. i had forgotten how hard we laughed at jack's "look!"

    ReplyDelete