Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

Things I am thankful for:
1. My Lord and Savior who gets me through good times and bad. I am so thankful to know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior because there have been numerous situations I would never have been able to get through on my own.

2. My husband. The Lord knew who the right man was for me and I can honestly say that man has made me a better woman! He truly is a gift from God. I am amazed at how well he knows me sometimes and how he still treats me like a princess! He is my true prince charming!

3.My family, inlaws as well. I have been blessed to be born and marry into a group of some of the most loving people you will ever meet. Sure they drive you crazy sometimes but what family doesn't? :) The thing that matters most is that they love me with an unconditional love. My eyes blur with tears knowing I will not be there this Thanksgiving season to hug them and remind them that I love them. Thank you for understanding and I pray that the Lord keeps you all well this season of thanks!

4. My pups. It may sound silly but Cash has provided me so much joy and laughter, especially while Jonathan was gone. He has given me a taste of what it is like to have something you take care of that loves you no matter what. Lilly is newer and while she drives me crazy right now because she is still getting used to how things work around here, she makes me feel loved when she comes and puts her front paws up on my lap and just wants to me love on her!

5. Friends. I am thankful for friends that have seen me through all my life as well as friends that say me through a season. Each one of those people had a purpose in my life and I will forever be grateful for the parts they played. I am extremely thankful for new friends we have made thus far that make this transition to Germany seem a little less daunting. They are truly our family here!

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I miss you so & love you much! You're in my thoughts & on my heart more than you could imagine. I do hope you & your hubby had a Happy Thanksgiving, & know that I'm very thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete