Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ride the Wind

Today is ride the wind day. I immediately thought of dandelions. I never thought dandelions would be something I would find myself thankful for but I do. I remember picking them proudly as a little girl for my mother, who always graciously accepted them- she never pointed at that they were weeds. I remember my friends and I blowing as hard as we could to make all the little seedlings spring loose in hopes that whatever we just wished for would come true. I am little bit older now so I no longer pick dandelions for my mom, I do not think she would enjoy withered weeds in a package from Germany. I do, however, still make wishes. I am a firm believer in continuing to be a kid at heart. I think you should never stop making wishes. So I am thankful for dandelions because they mean I get to retreat back to childhood, blow as hard as I can, and make a wish. So today I will be sure to pick one up and let my wish ride the wind!

1 comment:

  1. definitely! i still love sidewalk chalk...and thankfully so do the boys.

    hope your wishes come true!!

    ReplyDelete