Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pat on the back!

Ok, so I am on a roll here recently. Next update, Christina's baby shower! The Sunday after we got back from the sea of rocks we had a baby shower for our sweet friend Christina! I have not finished editing the pictures from the shower much to her dismay but here is one I am giving myself a pat on the back for- her cake that I made. It was so much fun and turned out really great! I will also show you how I made the cake in case you ever have the need to make a butterfly cake for any reason!

Start with two round cakes

Cut each cake into a peace sign and then turn the top two

Repeat with second cake and stack, add mini cupcakes for body

Frost

Add butterfly cupcakes to the side and ta-dah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! Totally adorable and worthy of much more than a pat on the back. what a cute cake. hope you didn't have to transport it far, that part would have made me nervous :)

    just put a note in the mail to you today!

    ReplyDelete