Sunday, November 6, 2011

Walk the walk, win the cake

Ok, so to update you on some of the more recent things that have been happening here recently. Last Friday the hubby and I enjoyed the final fall festival that the Mannheim community will ever see. It was not as large of a shin dig as it was last year but it was still a fun evening. I got to see a few of the kids from the class I have been working in as well as help out with our company's cake walk.

You got to see a picture of the Frankenstein cake I made for the cake walk. It went quickly as a friend of ours daughter wanted it. I hope they have had a chance to enjoy it and that it tasted as good at it looked. We had a great time walking around and enjoying what would be one of the final hurrahs of our small community. The housing office in Heidelberg has already begun to call people in our company to move to Heidelberg. We have not been called yet and we are kind of hoping that we do not get called for another little while since I am literally a three minute walking commute to work right now. I am not real sure the pay would be worth it to drive 30 minutes everyday so hopefully we will be one of the last ones called to move.

Here are a few pictures from the fall festival.
My honeybee!

Cake Walk cupcakes

Walk it out Christina!

Some girls who have kept me grounded lately: Christina and Yvonne

2 comments:

  1. sounds bittersweet. Hope you find peace in knowing God is in control of when you guys are directed to relocate.

    on the bright side, maybe you'll enjoy re-decorating?? although, i wouldn't want to have to paint over that dining room masterpiece. hopefully, since the base is closing you can just leave it for posterity sake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I will not be painting over that. We have already had friends who left and didn't have to repaint so yea no painting over my hard work! Who knows if I will get up the nerve to do it again though- at least until we are in permanent housing!

    ReplyDelete