Friday, February 24, 2012

Fingers Crossed

Keeping my fingers crossed on a recent development over here in Germany. I don't want to ginx it by saying what it is yet. I realized this fact about myself shows one of the many ways the army has changed me. I used to believe whole heartedly that what I wanted to come out of a situation would if I made all the right decisions and took the right steps. I guess you would have considered me an eternal optimist. Well the army does not breed eternal optimist, in fact it smothers them until then transform into a realist. Haha!

Now, do not get me wrong, I am still an eternal optimist when it comes to people. I truly believe if you treat others well and make the right choices when it comes to friends that those people will always have your back and will always make the right choice in regards to your friendship.

However, keeping this ongoing news quiet until it actually happens is one of the ways I know I have changed. I do not want to get excited and I do not want to prepare until I know for sure it is going to happen. For all you people that let their mind wander- no I am not pregnant. Thought I better go ahead and get that out of the way! :) But just keep us in your prayers that this follows through smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment