Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Celebrations!



We have been busy busy lately. It seems wrong to be so busy this time of the year. It is really the time of the year we should slow down and be thankful for the blessings that have come our way. I am incredibly blessed. I have been through a lot in the last year and a half. God called me to go through more than I ever could have imagined or thought I would go through. There are times where I just sit back and think about how different my life is. In some ways I wish things were different. It is hard at times but I am compelled to remember the great things change has brought to my life. The changes of the past months have brought me closer to God than I have ever been in my life. I had the opportunity to really live out my faith in a struggle. I hope and pray that I did that well. I tried my best to glorify God through it all and I can only hope and pray that is what happened.

I am in no way looking for personal praise because I, by no means, did that on my own strength. I did things my way for a while and it was awful. I finally let go and let God work through it all and it was the best decision that could have been made. I have no idea what life will bring me next. I have hopes and dreams about what the next big chapter in my life looks like. At the very center of those hopes and dreams is my desire to grow closer to God and glorify Him.

I love the opportunity this time of year gives us to glorify Him. I love this time of year. I love all the festive lights. I love all the sparkly ornaments. I love most Christmas movies, because honestly some are just too cheesy! I love making a mug of hot cocoa, because I am not a coffee drinker. I love thinking of what I could get for a loved one that will bless their life or bring a smile to their face. I love all of that, but more than that I love the reason for this season. It sounds cliche, I know, but it is truly such a wonderful gift. God gave us the greatest gift of all and I pray that you do not let that get lost in the hustle and bustle. It is one of the reasons this nativity scene was the first thing I put up. 


We have also been celebrating birthdays. My sister-in-law celebrated her birthday and my oldest nephew will now need two hands to show how old he is! He hit the big 6 mark!! It is crazy to think I became an aunt six years ago. I still remember sitting in the waiting room, ever so patiently  anxiously awaiting to meet him. I remember holding him and how I wanted to go see him every chance I got. I have had very little to do with his upbringing. My sister and her husband get the credit for that but I am none the less proud of him! He is a smart and caring boy who loves to make you laugh. I love to watch him ooh and aah over Ian, it makes my heart melt to see his big cousin love him so much. Thankful for my Jack and the heart God has given him!

 
And of course we celebrated Thanksgiving with the family. We hosted this year and despite the let down of not having a bouncy house (yes, we were going to have a bouncy house and it would have been awesome),we had a great time visiting with family. Ian had fun showing off his crawling skills after napping through meal time. It was a wonderful time for all.



1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful events going on in your family. :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete