Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Love Like His

I was driving down the road one day earlier this week and usually I listen to Christian radio. It is just one more way for me to keep my focus on things above and not let worries of this world get me down. However, every now and then I will switch it to country and listen for any new songs I haven't heard- when a song called "Like Jesus Does" came on. This is a song by Eric Church and I have liked many of his songs in the past. I have heard this song before but I got to thinking as I listened to it that this song made me sad. At first, I thought it is so great to think about loving someone like Jesus does. That is what all Christians should strive to do but then I thought about it from the receiving end and I thought that it was sad because no one on this earth will ever love you like Jesus does.

"Yes, she knows the man I ain't,
She forgives me when I can't,
That devil, man, he don't stand a chance
She loves me like Jesus does."

You may know great love in your life. You may have unconditional love from all kinds of people in your life- but please know that it will never come close to the love that Jesus has for you! He had a choice about whether he would die upon that cross for you and me. He had a choice about whether he would even be on that cross. He chose to go through the pain. He chose to bear the burden. He chose when nobody else could. Are there people in your life willing to lay down their life for yours? Probably. I know, as a mother, that it is very likely you have people who would lay down their life for you. But those people could never be a perfect, sinless, sacrificial offering for the sins in yours and my life. Nobody else could do such a thing and have so much meaning behind it. So, please know that while we all have people in our life that we love dearly and love us in return- nobody will ever love you like Jesus does!


No comments:

Post a Comment