Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Golden

A dear friend of mine recently shared this with our Sunday School class and I absolutely love it. The sad moments of the last couple years are fewer and far between and I can truly be grateful for where I am in life. I have some gold in me that has made me more beautiful than I was before. God is that gold. He has filled the places of my heart that were left empty. When I think about that, they were meant to be filled by him in the first place.

When I was going through my separation and divorce, I honestly spent a lot of time thinking about how I would find someone else, if I would find someone else. I mean- I am a nut sometimes and now a nut with a little 18 month old attachment! I don't think like that anymore! I love my life and I love how God has filled my heart with peace and joy. I may never fully understand why everything happened the way it did but I don't have to. I honestly know that I looked over important things because I was blinded by love and I am comfortable in saying that I am glad to be in the place I am in now rather than where I used to be.

I have no idea whether or not some knight in shining armor will come along with an industrial size broom, because honestly that is what it would take, and sweep me off my feet. But I love that I truly don't care if that happens or not! I never thought I could get to this place and I just want to celebrate that arrival! I have my own goals and I am going to work towards those goals and will cherish the moments with whoever life brings- friends, family, and of course my spunky little man.

This post didn't really have much of a purpose other than to celebrate in the fact that I have reached the part of my journey where I have finally come to grips with being happy with whatever comes my way because God is in control and He hasn't failed me yet! Praise the Lord for the gold in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment