Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cooking Class in Session

To celebrate getting my new camera and being able to picture blog again I got into the kitchen and decided to document my cooking processes by playing with the new camera!

Sunday February 27th
My sweet friend, Jess, makes this pasta salad for her husband to eat off throughout the week. Jonathan and I really like this idea so I decided to try it out. The first night I made some, all of it was gone by the next morning. It did not even last 18 hours! So I decided I would have to do what Jess does and make two batches at once. I already told Jonathan he has to make the double batch last for at least the rest of the week so that Sundays will be pasta salad day in the kitchen! :) Here are a few of the pictures from my afternoon in the kitchen.
Noodles all done!
Ready for the Italian dressing!
Peppers all diced, with some left over for Jon to munch on!
Cheese! This is when Cash's nose goes nuts and he bugs me to death!
All done and ready to be packed into containers!
So, in the end Jonathan ended up with three large containers filled with pasta salad. As of yesterday one was already gone. I had fun playing with the camera will cooking though.

Monday February 28th
So Monday after I got home from work a friend of Jonathan's was over so I popped some sugar cookies into the oven before Jonathan could get to the dough. This is where I am stretching to say it is baking because I used the break and bake kind! :) Anyhow, we pulled out the vanilla frosting and sprinkles and made some sugar cookie sandwiches with frosting in the middle. YUMMMM!! Here are the pictures from Monday.
Sprinkles, you gotta love all the colors!!!
Ready to be sprinkled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment