Monday, November 4, 2013

Beach Bums

Well, we are back from our trip to the beach where we got to be bums, well Ian got to be a bum. Going to the beach with a baby is anything but relaxing! Haha. It was fun though. Here are some camera pictures, the real pictures have yet to be uploaded. Just like the clothes have yet to leave the bag to be washed or put away. I am an awful unpacker!! In an effort to have something to write about for a while. I will do a brief dad to day snapshot for a while now. :) Wednesday mostly consisted of driving. We did go out to eat that night and Ian tried some pumpkin bread. He seemed to like it ok. But Thursday started dark and early. That's right...it was still dark when my little man woke up. Have I mentioned I love the time change so I won't feel like I am getting up in the middle of the night when he wakes up? Anyhow. I took advantage because I am a sucker for beach sunsets, however living on the east coast means sunrises! I am not as big of a fan of those but I will take what I can get. So I slipped out on to the balcony with baby and bottle in tow to watch the sun rise.


Naturally, my son fell back asleep for this part! He left all the waiting up to me!


And then, of course it would only be natural that he would wake up right before the best part!


I didn't hold it against him, because it was too pretty to do that!


After our lazy morning of sun watching/sleeping, we hit the pool to join the rest of the crew which consisted my nephews, brother-in-law, and friends of my sisters who also came down. The girls were at the spa so we wrangled the kids at the pool for a while before heading down to the beach. Ian did great. He didn't seem to particularly care one way or the other about the sand and ocean. As I have mentioned, he loves being outside so he was pretty content with whatever.


We did enjoy the time though, before Ian was ready for a nap and something to eat. I headed up to the room to give him a little break before rejoining the rest of the group for a little while by the pool. Ian got to sit with Rachel and help her look forward to welcoming her second little boy in late January. After that, everyone retreated for rest and preparation for trick or treating down town. Ian wore his monkey costume but we didn't collect candy. I don't need any of that stuff around me! He was perfectly content to stroll around and watch everyone in action. 


After trick or treating, we went to a favorite local restaurant down town that has pretty decent food and a playground for the kids. Ian got to hang out with Kelly there and love on her too. It was a successful evening that finished with ice cream and other treats from the fudge shop before heading back for bed time!


1 comment: