Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thankfulness

Everyone is jumping on that thankful bandwagon on facebook. Don't get me wrong, it is not an awful bandwagon to be on but I sincerely pray that these people keep thankfulness in their heart all through the year, not just 30 days in November. I have so much to be thankful for in my life that it would take all year and more to thank my Father in Heaven for everything. Sure, there is plenty of negative things I could focus and linger on, but I really do not want to go through life only focusing on the negative things because that will only impact my daily attitude! So choose thankfulness each day...not just one day or thirty days in November. Ok, that little spill is over.

Now I can tell you about how Friday at the beach was much like Thursday at the beach, minus the sunrise. I opted for cuddling in bed with Ian when he woke up early again. He fell back asleep and we got a little later start to our morning. 


He eventually took over my bed and was just about the cutest thing you ever did see under those covers! After breakfast, we headed down to the beach to join the boys. This time we took the stroller and necessities to hopefully avoid needless trips back to the room. It was nice to have a jogging stroller I could get through the sand easily!






We played in the sand for a while and avoided the frigid waters, since it was colder than the day before. It didn't stop Sam from wanting to go in but we played it safe in the sand. It wasn't long before Ian opted for a nap.





We stayed out a little longer before we decided it was time to head to the pool for a while where the water was heated a little bit and swimming was a more likely possibility. I got in with Ian for a while before it was time for him to have a little lunch before napping again. I promise he did more than sleep but honestly sometimes- that was the only chance I would get to take a picture!





Taking the stroller came in handy as this gave me ample time to eat lunch as well. We didn't get back in after this but we did enjoy just sitting by the pool and watching the bigger kids swim and play. Eventually, it was time to head up to the room for a rejuvenation time before heading to dinner.





He did indeed have a loaded booty here! We enjoyed dinner at a restaurant called Sliders, with a playground. Do you catch the theme we have going? I enjoyed some yummy grilled shrimp. Then we checked out the happenings on the plantation which included a bounce house, baby alligator, dancing with live music, and a creepy waiter who would just linger around your group. Haha, a fun time was had by all and the boys broke out some serious dance moves!!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the thankful posts, while I get it I hope they truly mean it all year.

    ReplyDelete