Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pink Pits

This was another weekend that made me grateful for the normalcy of the work week! We hit the ground running and we didn't stop until Sunday afternoon. Here is my weekend in a glance.

-Friday we stole my younger nephew from my sister for the day. We started with breakfast at Cracker Barrel where Ian proved to still be terrified of the singing and dancing skeleton. Halloween should be REAL interesting if he is afraid of that. Of course, the night we took him to a Braves game happened to be Zombie night and that didn't seem to cause any tears. Maybe it is just the fact that the skeleton is so skinny that terrifies him...I shall use that as my excuse to not lose too much weight! I mean, I don't want my son to be terrified of me! ;) The rest of the day we ran errands and then headed home. After a nap in his second bed (more on that another day) Ian joined his cousin for a swim.

-Saturday took the cake- but which one, not sure! The morning started with my sister, dad, and myself going to run a 5k nearby. This was my first 5k and due to being a single mommy and not wanting to lose all my spare time with my kid...I had not trained very efficiently. Turned out it didn't really matter. haha. The first half of the race was a trail through the woods with oh about 2 feet in space! Even if you wanted to pass the people walking...there was not really a way to do so. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it (remember no scary skeleton)! Oh did I mention this was one of those races where they throw color powder all over you. Yea, that was fun- until I remembered that I had two weddings to go to later and had to start mentally racking my brain for what dresses I owned that would cover my pink pits! Oh yea, my arm pits were bright neon pink! I scrubbed profusely but that pink was there to stay!


So after finding the one dress in my closet that covered most of the pinkness, which just so happened to be black. So no offense to old fashioned wedding etiquette about black and weddings, but I am pretty sure people would rather me in black that see my hot pink chest! Luckily, my dear sweet friend understood my reasoning and I don't think she held it against me. Although she hasn't called me this week! Anyone know why? ;)
I am kind of sad that I didn't get a picture of her groom's cake. It just so happened to look exactly like a basketball. Poor Ian! He kept running over and pointing, "Ball, peese." I am kind of glad we had to leave before the cutting of the cake because I don't want to confuse him about what the inside of an actual ball looks and tastes like! After a brief 15 minute break at home, we headed out for wedding #2. Did I mention we ran/walked a 5k that morning and we are still going strong at 4:30 pm!


Ian had a blast dancing and running around but seeing as how his rest time had been interrupted twice and cut short, he was spent not long after. He took a little nap before mean mommy woke him up because I certainly wasn't planning on staying up late that night because he caught a cat nap a couple hours before bed time!

-Sunday was church followed by another family reunion. Ian again slept through the first part and woke up in time to be occupied by his cousin while we cleaned up. When we got home, we all crashed. Any by all, I mean everyone except Ian who had already had a nap while we ate lunch. So while I kept dozing off on the couch, Ian kept throwing me a ball to throw him. It turned into fetch, don't judge me. I was tired and needed more rest time in between throws! Plus, he loved it! :) Glad that the weekend is over and looking forward to Gameday this coming weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend to me. I wear black to weddings all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete