Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy John Giles Day!!

My big brother cleans up nice!
Ok so I am actually a day late on this one but I didn't get a chance to do this yesterday and really wanted to. Yesterday my big brother turned 35! He is such an amazing brother and person in general! So not only was yesterday "Take Your Pants for a Walk Day" but it was also John Giles' Day. My big brother has been such an inspiration to me in so many ways. I am so proud to be his baby sis!
Jack and John last year on his birthday.

John Giles...
...you are someone I admire.
...you are the best big brother a girl could ask for.
...you are the reason I think every girl should have a big brother, blood or not.
...you always make me feel safe (and small) when I am in your arms.
...you put up with Laura and me tag teaming you on several occasions.
...you taught me how to do so many things, some mom and dad probably did not like.
...you worked with me on my goalie skills in the yard when I was in high school, I ate grass numerous times!
...you are the true example of a southern gentleman.
...you were the peacemaker to many a fight between Laura and me.
...you were my protective second father when I started dating, more protective than dad actually.
...you are an opinion that I always value.
...you are a heart who has always shown me how important I am and I just want you to know I love you and truly wish I could be home to celebrate with you.
Oh yea, he is a great uncle too! :)

I love you big bro! I hope your birthday was one of the best, and that you got to take your pants out for a walk? ;)

1 comment:

  1. great post. we are truly lucky to have such an awesome brother.

    ReplyDelete