Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Raspberry Cake...mmmm

I know I have been a little out of touch with the blog world lately and I greatly apologize! I have no valid excuses other than my own pure laziness. I appear to have chosen a delightful day to make my appearance as it is National Raspberry Cake Day. I, personally have never had raspberry cake but I am sure it is delightful and I might just make a point to try it soon and get back to you.

On the Rupard front, we have been doing very well. I have been working out and trying to manage the spoiled little daschund. He keeps me on my toes some days and just plain makes me laugh all the other days. Cash has been in my life for about a year and a half now and I am still so glad that I chose to be his mommy.

Jonathan has been studying for a promotion board he has coming at the end of the month. He is hoping to be deemed promotable so that he can make his Sgt soon and be a NCO, non commissioned officer. I may be biased but my baby deserves it!! I know he would make a wonderful NCO.

We have kept busy with BBQs and having friends over whenever we can. A few days ago we bid goodbye to one of Jonathan's NCOs. His wife and he will be moving on to a different location. This particular outgoing NCO decided he wanted to have a water fight at his outgoing BBQ, because you know all men in the military are really just little kids. Needless to say, the kids (old and young) really enjoyed this BBQ. Here are some pictures from that fun day.
Landon says, "Freeze or I'll shoot!"

Frisbee time!

Yummy food!!

Surprise attack on Sgt Bebe

Time for smores!
While I have been away from blog world we celebrated the 4th of July in Heidelberg so I will include some pictures from there before I leave for the day.
Human fusbol!! The coolest inflatable ever!
Lots of great music!

Relaxing at our picnic spot in the shade.

Andrew and Isaiah waiting to hop in a bumper car.

No comments:

Post a Comment