Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bacon Cheese Chicken

Ok, so I have posted twice in one day and both times it has been about food- this coming from the girl who wants to lose weight! haha! Anyhow, I tried out a new recipe tonight for dinner and Jon and I both enjoyed it so much that I felt that I should share with anyone wanting to try it out as well.

Bacon Cheese Chicken:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
8 chicken tenders
12 pieces of cooked bacon
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Put olive oil in the crockpot and place chicken on top.
Combine teriyaki and ranch, pour over chicken.
Add the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon, go between pieces if you can.
Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours.

I know in the picture it looks absolutely disgusting but isn't looking disgusting the true sign of a good food?!?! :) The chicken literally just falls apart in your mouth...yummmm. Anyhow, we both found it extremely yummy. We coupled our chicken with mashed potatoes and corn. My tummy is quite full and satisfied and I even cut down on the portion size because remember- trying to cut back the pounds! :) Enjoy the recipe!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy!!! I bet it would be tasty poured over French fries...that would be a sure fire way to shed some pounds ;)

    ReplyDelete