Friday, January 6, 2012

Promises

It sure is a good thing my new year's resolution was not to blog more often!! Haha!! I have been very neglectful and will update this weekend and do sincerely hope to get back into the routine of updating more often! I make no promises though!!

Until then, Happy Kings Day! This day celebrates the wise men who came to see baby Jesus bringing him gifts. I remember around this time last year making a king's cake at the youth center because that is part of the tradition- minus a plastic baby of course, because I find that just a little bit too creepy! Anyhow, if you have never had the chance to make one you definitely should! I will have to admit when I took the cake out to the kids to eat, by the time I cleaned up my mess and came out to try some it was GONE!! So, I have never actually had any but it smelled delicious if that helps!! :) Maybe I will make another one this year!

King Cake Recipe
So I got my recipe here last year when I made it and if I could get a bunch of middle and high schoolers to eat it then I think it must be somewhat good!!

1 comment:

  1. yumm! now back to that surprise for your hubby's bday...

    ReplyDelete