Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thought Provoking Tuesday?

So, I am not sure thought provoking was the right choice of words, but now that I have lured you in here are some cute pictures and updates. Friday afternoon was a pretty chill day for us. A trip to Sam's where the highlight for my mom was being able to get the big bag of rolls now that she has an extra freezer in the garage. I know, hold on to your hat with all that excitement going on! After our morning out, an afternoon nap was in order. I am honestly in awe sometimes that this is the same kid that used to have be swaddled to sleep anywhere but your arms. I laid him down awake and this is the result a little while later! Now, I am still waiting for him to nap for as long as he used to when he was swaddled. Nap time has been cut in half since we started doing things this way, but maybe he will figure it out soon! Or maybe I will continue to run around during nap time wagering how much I will be able to get done before he wakes up.


Friday night we decided to take in a football game. My alma mater was playing our rival. I am very pleased to say we crushed them!! It should be somewhat sad that I still get a joy when that happens, but I am okay with it! I think it has to do with how long it took us to beat them at ANYTHING in the beginning. My senior year of volleyball on senior night was the first time we ever beat them and it was such an intense night and it was a victory not just for our team but for our school. Anyhow, beating them is a more regular occurrence and it still thrills me a little!



Saturday morning was awesome because due to me being an awesome mom and keeping my son out way past his bedtime and feeding him some cereal before bed, he slept until 7:30 a.m. This is a victory, when the usual wake up call is 6 a.m. We also had another small victory to celebrate. I discovered, upon becoming a personal chew toy, that little man's first two teeth are breaking through on the bottom. All that drool is finally paying off!


Trying to soothe those gums!


It is a rough life, that is for sure! Good thing I have my blanky!


Well, and my thumb!


We were certainly glad that the Dawgs squeaked out a win on Saturday! It was a stressful experience again but none the less a good one. I am not sure what the rest of the season hold with our players dropping like flies. We now have three starters who are out with season ending injuries! It is so sad, I hate to see that happen to guys! Hopefully the rest of the season will not deal out anymore huge blows!

1 comment: