Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Risen Indeed!

Had an absolutely wonderful Easter Sunday worshiping with my church family and eating lunch with my family afterwards. It was a gorgeous day here and I pray that you were able to enjoy it as well. I have not had time to get my pictures from my mini vacation uploaded yet so here are some from Easter morning instead!

Just going for a Sunday afternoon cruise with big cousin Jack. I love watching my sweet nephews love on my little boy. It just makes my heart soar. He has such great examples!

Getting ready to hunt eggs for the first time. This is his second Easter but seeing as how last Easter he was all of two weeks old...egg hunting was a first this year. I also use the term egg hunting loosely. I should really say egg picking up! ;)

He liked carrying his basket until he realized he needed his hands to pick up the eggs, then it was time for Mom to hold it.

It was a wonderful afternoon. I was a little worried that we would have a melt down because he only slept 20 minutes or so in the nursery through out the services on Easter. But being outside was enough to keep him happy until after egg hunting. Then he took a well deserved nap while the rest of the cousins swam in the pool that the grandparents heated for them. I am sure if he had known what was going on outside while he napped- he might have fought it a little more, but when I laid him down- he didn't even budge. He snuggled his blanket and probably thought, "Finally!"

The 'egg'citement has not worn off yet. Yesterday he got his basket, got his eggs out, and was just as happy as could be playing with his eggs. He would take them apart and clap them together. I think this is the first holiday I have really seen him participate and enjoy. Maybe it will be his favorite, which is fine with me- as long as when he gets a little older he understands it has very little to do with a bunny rabbit and eggs. Hope everyone had a blessed Easter!





No comments:

Post a Comment