Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Why does it have to be true?

Why does it have to be so true that times sneaks up on you? I came across this picture yesterday:
I was overwhelmed with how much he has grown and changed. Not soon after coming across this I left work to go pick him up. And as he came to me as quickly as his little legs would let him I couldn't help but be sad and grateful all at the same time.

I miss just holding him for hours but if he never would have grown I never would have had the joy of watching him learn to walk.

I miss the sound of his baby cries when I gave him his first bath but if he never would have grown I would have missed the sound of his joyful laughter.

I miss the way he would wrap his tiny fingers around one of my own but if he never would have grown I would have missed the indescribable heart melting moments when he comes to me to pick him up and lays his head on my shoulder.

I miss this little newborn but he has grown into a sweet and handsome one year old who I am loving more and more...which I never thought possible! Cherish moments with little loved ones in your life. I know I will be so glad when our sweet princess Emma is born in a month so I can cherish all her newness!


1 comment: