Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Just a little light reading

What are you reading these days? I am in the midst of a Bible Study on Thessalonians so most of my reading revolves around that. I checked out a book from our church library a shameful amount of time ago and am looking forward to being able to read it soon, like next month maybe! ;)

It kind of makes me chuckle to think about the amount of reading I did before I became a mom. I love to read and reading a story to my little man is by far the favorite part of the bed time routine but I do remember when I used to read books that didn't rhyme.

One of my favorite Christian authors is Karen Kingsbury, but I can't tell you the last time I had the luxury of picking up one of her books. It isn't because I have no desire to, it is more due to the fact that I like to get through a book quickly. My brain is not organized enough to start a book and then slowly finish it- all the while remembering the  little details that make the story what it is. It is a luxury I am not very familiar with anymore. Maybe one day that will change- you know after that to-do list gets done! ;)

1 comment: