Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Picking Strawberries

Well today we had our field trip for the year. We went to the strawberry patch in Canon, Ga. The kids got to pick their own strawberries straight from the patch. We also got to walk through a lot of the greenhouses they also have their, because we have been talking a lot about plants lately in science. The kids really enjoyed going through and looking at all the different plants and flowers. As we were leaving they surprised us and gave each student their very own tomato plant. We were very thankful for their generosity. We went to the park not too far away and ate our lunch and enjoyed the nice weather. We played at the park for a little while before venturing back to school. Overall the day left me very tired but glad that all the kids had fun.

There is a total of 12 more school days and as I find myself coming close to the end of the year I find myself facing a big challenge with some of my parents of students I strongly feel and know are not ready for first grade. I realize that no parent wants to hear that their child needs to repeat kindergarten but unfortunately a lot of my parents do not understand how much different kindergarten is now from what it used to be. A lot more is expected of our students at the end of the year and I would change that if I could, but I can't so I have to work my butt off to get them ready and when they are not ready- they are not ready. I hate saying it more than anyone because I feel like I have failed them in some way but I know there is only so much I can do. Please pray that my parents that need to see the light will indeed see th light.

On a brighter note I am only 24 more days away from finally seeing Jonathan! He is nearing the end of his training and I am so excited about getting to see him on June 4th. These past two months have been so hard but it will all be worth it in the end. I can't wait just to feel his hand in mine again! It is those simple little things that I miss the most!

Well wedding details are coming together. I got two of my girls all fitted for their dresses, 4 more to go! I am going to start tackling more seeing as how it is getting closer! Got to get my flowers and cakes part taken care of, or at least begin the process! Well that is the update for now and I promise I am going to start trying to get better about updating!

No comments:

Post a Comment