Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Blues

I love this time of year but it is not quite the same this year nor was it last year when I spent Christmas day in Cuba with my hubby. Don't get me wrong I am incredibly grateful that I have got to spend these Christmases together with my hubby but it just isn't the same without the family and the traditions you have grown up with all your life.

This year I will long for...
~The faces of my sweet nephews as they open their presents and give out hugs and thank yous, and in sam's case spit up! ;)
~The craziness that is my grandparents house on Christmas Eve as our family of 40+ people cram in a garage and enjoy fresh caught and cooked seafood! That's right you read that right! We do it right at our house for Christmas: fish, shrimp, hushpuppies, coleslaw...the works!! It is a family tradition that my family picked up when my grandfather married my step-grandmother and it is the only type of Christmas Eve celebration I have ever known.
~Listening to the outlandish things my cousins have asked Santa to bring them this year. My personal favorite was the year Jenna asked Santa to bring her a hot tub...she was about 7 at the time. haha, wish Santa would bring me one of those as well but I am not sure I would have a place for it, a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom would do, I think that sounds fair.

Oh and for the record if it snows on Saturday back home in Georgia I am going to very displeased with mother nature that she had me come all the way to Germany in hopes of a white Christmas and gives everybody at home one!! :) That does not seem very fair of her!! Hehe!

While these little things will be missed, I still remember the real reason we get out all these decorations and shower our loved ones with gifts. I am incredibly thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ who was brought onto this earth to save me so that I may have a relationship with the Father. That is something that is universal and will NEVER miss out on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment