Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Eat What You Want Day

So I have become an enthusiast of discovering what obscure holidays occur on certain days. I think I will make this a regular part of my blog! Among other things today is "Eat What You Want Day." So treat yourself to your favorite treat no matter how fattening and do so without the lingering guilt because some person somewhere decided we deserve a day to eat whatever we want and not feel guilty about it. I think we should honor that person and their obscure holiday! Celebrating this holiday will be a small bit easier and more rewarding for me being stateside! :) I believe my treat I will indulge in will be one of these beauties...

Anyhow, enough about my intentions to indulge in a delicious Arby's roast beef sandwich. Time to actually update you on life. On the health front, my vision is much improved and I have even been able to drive!! Yay! Since I have been able to drive I have been able to visit some people who I missed dearly. Monday night I was able to surprise some of my former players from the Hart County tennis team by coming to the tennis banquet they had. It was so wonderful to see everyone again and it was so much fun to surprise them. I miss those guys and girls more than I thought I would. I did not want to head back at night since I had just started driving again so my dear friend Kaitlyn agreed to let me stay with her that night. So I stayed with her and Matt and was able to visit my Hartwell Elementary family the next day and check up on my students. Overall, it was a wonderful two days filled with surprising a lot of wonderful people that I missed and I was so grateful that I was able to do it.
The senior girls!
The guys team

1 comment:

  1. how cool! yes, please add these obscure (but awesome, in this case) holidays to your blog!! so glad you've had the opportunity to visit your old stomping ground and can drive now!

    ReplyDelete