Saturday, May 14, 2011

Limerick Day

Well today's chosen holiday is Limerick Day. I am no literary genius so I will not dare put you through reading a limerick I penned. Instead, I searched through some limericks online and found one I thought I would share with you in honor of the day.

The limerick is called "Take a Chance on Love" by Ray Lucero
"My friend I will tell you in advance
Please don't look at me askance
Love's not mere happenstance...
For you to enjoy true romance
Set fear aside, take a chance."

Granted not as excited as the holiday we celebrated yesterday, but I guess not everything can be so wonderful. :)  Well, there are no big plans on the agenda for today. I am going to attempt to begin my couponing adventures by organizing a notebook similar to what my sister has done in hopes of saving a little bit of money with the rest of the world. I do not believe I will ever appear on any episodes of the new show Extreme Couponing, but hopefully dollars will be saved along the way.

On a more meaningful note, life is full of unexpected news. Sometimes that news makes us dance in place and sometimes that news cripples us in fear. My husband recently had the latter. My husband's grandmother recently found out she has cancer. She is in the fourth stages and the cancer is in several parts of her body. She will be undergoing chemotherapy but it is just a tough situation. I have always hated when doctors put a timeline on people, they are so often wrong. My own grandmother was proof as she continued to be with us much longer than they anticipated. It is still never easy to hear someone tell you a loved one only has so long. My husband is very close to his grandparents. So please add my husband's family to your prayer list and remember them when you can. The visit home will be a little bittersweet and challenging but more rewarding in the end.

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm guessing this is renae's mom. Certainly devasting news. I will continue to pray for them and pray for comfort and peace for them all as they take the next steps.

    Let me know if I can help you with your coupon notebook. If there is one thing I can advise you about is try to make it flexible. You may find your needs change after using it a few times, etc. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have to find those pages you use. I got a notebook but Walmart was all out of the pages you use when I went today so my project may have to wait until tomorrow unless I get the motivation to go to the other Walmart. And yes, it is Rena's mom. Thank you and I will see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete