Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Evaluation Day!!

Tomorrow is "Evaluate Your Life Day." I figured it had been a while since I highlighted a random holiday and this might be a good one to touch on. I know, I getting ahead of myself since this day is actually tomorrow but I wanted to let you know so that as your day goes by tomorrow you can evaluate the things in your life that are important and what means the most.

I have recently started a new job, as some of you already know. Teaching is a great joy for me and I missed it when I could not get a job upon arriving here last year. It is still tough with schools and bases closing here in Germany. So I did the only thing I knew to do, I tried to find a way to get back into the school somehow. I took a job as a teacher's aide in a kindergarten classroom. It is definitely challenging at times not being able to do my own thing and challenge the kids in ways I would like to but it has also been a learning experience thus far that I know will make me a better teacher in the end. So in evaluating that part of my life- I am so glad I have the opportunity to get back to what I love doing, even if it is a smaller way than I am used to.

A picture, bad one, of the school I work at.
In evaluating my life, I am also force to look at my role as a wife to my husband the past two years. Now granted, the first year my role took place from a distance but that does not mean that is was any less important. My husband is an amazing man who does everything he can to make my life better and more meaningful and I am so appreciative of all he has done for me. He truly makes me want to be a better person. I love doing my best to take care of him by cooking his favorite foods and trying new things. I enjoy challenging myself to be better and knowing how appreciative he is in response to that. I know I have a lot to learn as a wife and will fall short on numerous occasions but I am seriously giddy that I get to learn it all with this man by my side.
His current profile picture!
The final and most important part of our lives we all need to evaluate is how well we are letting the light of God shine in our lives. As I am aware of my short comings as a wife, I need to also be aware of my short comings as a Christian, as a disciple of Christ. There will always be more to learn and better ways to show His love. I pray that as the days go on that I will improve on this aspect of my life more than any other because I know if I am improving in this area of my life, the rest will fall into place as well. 

So on eval day:
Father,
   Show me ways in my everyday life where I can shine brighter for you. Guide me to people who are in need of your love and give me the strength to show that love- no matter what the circumstances may be. Help me to always be aware of my weakness so that I may call upon you for strength. Place in my heart the burning desire to know and love you more so that I may truly be a brighter light for you wherever you take me. Thank you for allowing me to be your child and for your never ending mercy and grace when I fall short.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. love this post & that sweet picture of you two. glad jonathan is home. hope you guys get time to relax together this weekend!

    ReplyDelete