Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sleeping with two eyes open

Wow am I tired. I have been trying to get used to getting up early in the morning again. It has been kicking my butt so far!! I went to bed around 10 something last night on a Friday!! Old ladyish I know! Then on the first chance I get to sleep in since last Monday I was wide awake at 6:50!!! UGH!! I have to stay up late to watch the GA game tonight too!! It should be an interesting night.

My first week at school has been okay but very interesting. The teacher I am working with has been sick a lot this week and was only there one day the whole week, which made things interesting to say the least. I have enjoyed getting to know the kids through my own eyes though rather than having her tell me about them first. It is always fun to learn the little quirks each one has and get a glimpse at how some of them have been raised. I had one sweet lil one tell me about how lovely her school was one day. She was so genuine and sincere and it was so sweet to hear a little one talk that way. I have been staying pretty busy though even after school since Jonathan is gone. I went and got paint that will eventually go in our bedroom- hopefully next week! I managed to get my pumpkins painted but didn't get a picture before a lil one that belongs to a friend thought they were balls and threw them all- haha. Good thing they were only 75 cents at the Commissary. Cash even went after one of the ones she threw and got himself a few bites of pumpkin! :) I attempted to hang some shelves I recently got but thus far have been unsuccessful with that!

I spent some time with one of my newer friends, Evelyn, who lives in Heidelberg last night and today. I enjoyed spending time with her as always. Cash and I have been spending time with each other today since I have not been home as much as he is used to and since he is missing his daddy just like me! He is so sweet, he is used to Jon getting home late in the night so he gets all excited when he hears a car door shut in the parking lot. Just now he was cuddled up in my jacket with me on the couch and fell off, a few minutes later I looked down and saw this:
He is stuck inside my jacket sleeve! :)

1 comment:

  1. hope week two is even better & your new routine grows on you! :)

    ReplyDelete