Saturday, July 28, 2012

No Place Like Home

One of the biggest down sides to the army life is being away from family. I have always been close to my family and never imagined living on a completely different side of the world than them. I love my husband and I love the pride he takes in his job, so therefore I love supporting him and traveling around with him.

Lately, it has been really tough to be away from my family. I need their love and support now more than ever. I know they are sending me love and prayers from home but I want to be with them. I want to feel their arms around me. I want to feel their unconditional love!

I know I could find a way home if I really needed to, I just don't know if it is the right thing to do. Would I be running away from the situation? Would I be giving up? I don't want to have any regrets. Lord, please let me know what you want me to do!!

2 comments:

  1. I have been having a similar issue. I really wanted to go home. But a few people encouraged me to stay where I was to see how God would change my relationship with Him when He was the only one to lean on. And they were right. I don't think that I would be learning as much or growing as much if I was dependent on my family during this time. And I'm not sure if your husband is deployed or present but never miss a chance to stay with him. There will be plenty of times that you have to be apart whether you want to or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to do what is best for you and I don't think you would be running away at all.

    ReplyDelete