Monday, July 30, 2012

Pushing Forward

Thanks for the encouragement some of you left after my last post. Obviously, I am in the midst of a storm right now. Storms come in life and some of them you are prepared for and some you are not. Sometimes the winds knock you over and you can immediately get back up and face the winds head on. This is the kind of storm I never could be prepared for and as much as I keep trying to get back up after the wind knocks me over, it is hard.

God has been so faithful in renewing my strength to fight this storm. There are times where I still feel like I have stumbled into some one else's life. This can't possibly be my life. This can't possibly be me having to go through this with everyone I love so far away. But it is me, it is my life, and I do have to weather this storm with my family on the other side of the world. I feel like by the end of this storm, I will be exhausted physically and emotionally, but that I will be stronger spiritually than I have ever been in my life. If that is all that comes from this dreadful storm, I will praise God. Please continue to lift me up in your thoughts and prayers, I appreciate it so much!

On a brighter note, I am not going to fill this with just drab ramblings of my storm. Our first day of VBS was today and it was the first time I have participated in a military VBS. It was quite different from back home at my home church. For one, it is organized a little differently so that we go from place to place and never really sit down with our group with just us. It is also sadly slightly less organized which terrifies me. Today after the closing music- my group just went in every which way and I was freaking out because I had stuff to give them and didn't know where they went or if they were with their parents. It was chaos and I do not do chaos well when I am in charge of children. So obviously, my group will be getting a talking to about staying with me until I see their parents! Ugh! Anyhow, we spent all day Saturday decorating and getting everything ready. I was the decorations coordinator and thus was running around like a chicken with my head cut off! In the end everything came together very nicely and I had so many wonderful helpers. Here are some shots of our decorations!



1 comment:

  1. those are some fancy, schmancy decorations, sister!

    keep hanging in there. don't worry about if you're doing the right/wrong thing, He is being glorified in your actions no matter what...because i know that is your desire. He knows that too. He will lead you each and every day, hour, minute & second.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete