Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My little one continues to grow! We enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend after our madness of a weekend a week ago. This little cutie and I did make a short drive to Hartwell on Friday to see the sweet ladies that mommy used to teach with! They all loved this little man. I absolutely love this picture because it looks like he is seriously trying to punch someone! Plus you get a great shot of the cute onesie he has on! This was his first time wearing one of his 3 month onesies. About half of his 0-3 month wardrobe has been rendered packable because he is either too long or a little too round. Hehe! I love that he has a little belly now but I also love that he is still not pudgy because even though that means less rolls of cuteness...it also means less rolls to clean during the bath time ritual which he is still a little unsure of! While I am sad to see him transition out of smaller clothes and into bigger ones...I am also very excited because he has some SUPER CUTE 3 month clothes!! Just wait! Pictures will be taken- no worries! :)


Saturday was a relaxing day and perfect for play time on the play mat. Cash has become a slight fan of Ian's play time because that means he gets to explore this noisy creature mom brought home a little more. This particular day Cash looked like he wanted so badly to play with Ian. I got so tickled when I looked down and saw Cash laying on his back staring up at Ian's toys as he played. I was so happy he stayed there long enough for me to get a picture of Cash imitating Ian. This is one of those pictures that will make me giggle years from now. Not too long after this, the dogs were playing while Ian sat in my lap on the floor. I looked down to see Ian watching them intensely. It was the first time I can think of that Ian really noticed and watched them. He just sat there and watched them play. It will be so fun to see the dogs and Ian discover each other in the months to come.




Do you remember me mentioning those CUTE 3 month outfits? You do? Great, this is one of them! I decided he would wear this to church on Sunday since it was Memorial Day weekend, that we would sport our red, white, and blue. First of all, I am an absolute sucker for all things sear sucker! I love it! It is almost as bad as my plaid addiction...ALMOST! My poor child will probably hate both when he sees how much I put him it in as a child! But I just love these little sear sucker overalls with little sail boats. He was just too cute for his own good. Luckily I snapped a picture of him grinning before he saw my phone in my hand. He has become quite stingy with his grins when it comes time to document them. He gets far too distracted by the phone and forgets that mom wants him to smile!


This is the perfect example of the face I get when I pull out the camera to capture a grin. Before this picture was taken, he was grinning from ear to ear. I grabbed my phone and tried to be sneaky about holding it above his head where he would not see it right away...well we all see how that worked! He just stops whatever he is doing and stares at it. Then I put the phone down to call him a stinker...wouldn't you know he just grinned! I had to laugh. What else can you do but laugh sometimes? I know that is something I will remember all too well in years to come.

Sunday afternoon and Memorial Day were spent by the pool. Sunday afternoon some friends of my parents came over and Monday my big brother came to spend the afternoon with us. We grilled out and just enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and when we got hot...what a great thing for there to be a pool nearby! :) I can tell my parents are really going to love this! Little man was up for some of the fun, but spent most of the time swinging happily away and pretending to talk on the phone. Haha just kidding. He just looked like he was talking on the phone here. He loves napping in his swing and conveniently takes a really good afternoon nap. So he just enjoyed his nap outside in the shade with a cool breeze while everyone swam. Eventually I will let him test "swimming" but unfortunately I have misplaced the shirt that goes with his swim trunks so not anytime soon. I have searched high and low in that child's room...sad!

Anyhow I hope everyone else had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and didn't forget to stop, pause, and remember why we get this time off work. I am incredibly grateful for the soldiers who have given their lives so that I may live mine. I do not discredit those who are still serving or who served in the past but this weekend was not about them in particular. I am thankful that these men are willing to give everything, but I spent my weekend thankful for those that did give everything. I spent my weekend praying for the families that gave up a loved one and were forced to change their lives because they stood behind a loved one who stood up for all of us! Thank you to all the men and women who have served or are serving but thank you especially to the ones who gave their all! Your courage, strength, and bravery will not be forgotten!

1 comment: