Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tummy Time!

My sweet little man stays with a family member of mine during the week so his play mat stays there during the week for him to play with there. Since his play mat stays there, that means more opportunity for tummy time with mommy when he gets home. Last night, I put him down for some tummy time when we got home from church. He did such a good job at holding up his head all by himself and held it up for quite a while. I am already dreading all these milestones fly by. Did any of you other mothers struggle with wanting your children to reach a milestone while simultaneously wanting to hold them down so they don't grow? :) My little guy is so close to laughing for the first time. He gets these times where he can't decide whether to laugh or cry and it is downright cute! There have been a few times where he was almost laughing and I can't wait to hear that! He coos and "talks" so much now. He was talking a bunch during tummy time last night. Those are things I love, I dread seeing him roll over for the first time. That means we are getting closer and closer to that mobile stage! AAAHHH!! Can't I just put him in one of those hamster balls and let him move around that way? No? Don't get me wrong, I want him to grow and learn how to do things he is supposed to developmentally be able to do, but I want to push pause for a while first! Hehe. I want him to always want to snuggle, cuddle, and fall asleep in mommy's arms. He fell asleep in my arms last night not too long after tummy time ended and I just sat and watched him sleep peacefully. I prayed over his little hands, that they would always be willing to do the work of the Lord. I prayed over his little feet, that he would always be willing to go where the Lord is calling him. I prayed over his little lips, that they would allow the love of Christ to flow from them. I prayed over his little ears, that he would always be open to hear the word of the Lord. I prayed over his little heart, that he would one day invite the Lord to take residence there and stay there. Then I prayed over my own hands, that I would always show my little boy how to use your hands for the work of the Lord and to love. I prayed that my feet would lead the way by showing my little one what it means to follow the Lord. I prayed that my mouth would speak the truth and speak words of kindness, forgiveness, and love. I prayed that my ears would always be available to listen to everything my little boy says because if he is talking about it- that means it is important to him. I prayed over my heart that he will see Christ there and that Christ will help me when I have to give my little one more freedom than I would like. Give me strength when I have to give him the chance to fly on his own and watch as he might fall, but knowing he will learn how to get back up and try again. It was such a sweet time praying over my little boy and the relationship we will share with each other as well as the relationship we will share with the Lord. Thank you Lord for this beautiful blessing.

1 comment: