Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Playing catch up!

So, it has been a while. I have been rather busy trying to prepare my little one for my return to the working world. I have to admit I was really nervous. I am not a super obsessive mom type and while I would love to be home with my little one everyday, it is really going to help my husband and I prepare for our next move for me to work right now and save some for that. Admittedly, though I am not sure I would have been able to manage going back to work under any other circumstances than the one I was blessed with. My older cousin, who watches a few children in her home, was able to take my sweet little love for me. Her children and her husband are often home at various times and the fact that he is with family makes it so much easier for me to know he is being well taken care of. He, no doubt, probably gets spoiled more there than he would with me. I am looking forward to being able to stay home with him once we move though.

That brings me to our next news, we will be going to Ft Leavenworth, KS. Not really shocking news when you are in my husband's line of work but exciting none the less. We are really excited that our dear friends that we made in Germany will also be stationed in Kansas at Fort Riley, a mere two hours from us. To be able to stay close to our friends who have become more like family is almost unheard of in the army, especially when you take into account that they are not in the same job area at all. Our dear friends could have gone pretty much anywhere! So we are definitely blessed to be near them!

Well, enough with the boring catch up, here are some pictures to reward you for reading! ;)
My handsome little guy all ready for church, right after I put that slipper back on that keeps falling off!

Can't believe this little one is 7 weeks old!! Where has the time gone!!

I grew so much! You can definitely see where I grew three inches since birth!

I have been really working out too!! Got to impress the ladies! :)

Proof that mommy only served as an incubator, he is all daddy's boy. I hope to get a picture of daddy next to one of his soon so you can have further proof.

Cooking with little man cuddled up to me, best way to cook as far as I am concerned.

This was my face after he slept for 5 hours and 45 minutes one night, we hit the 6 hour mark the other night. We have not gotten there again yet. But he usually gives me at least one 5 hour stretch so I will not complain about! It gives me some good sleep the first part of the night and usually means one middle of the night wake up call and an early morning wake up- which I can manage. Now, obviously I will be more than ok when he gets to where he sleeps through the night. :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and everything you have going on! :)

    ReplyDelete