Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Father's Day

Well I realized I haven't posted how our family celebrated Father's Day! Ours was more of a Father's Weekend celebration! Friday afternoon my sister and two nephews came down and we went swimming. This was only the second time that Ian had gotten in the pool but he did great! As I mentioned in a previous post my sister brought an old baby float of theirs, so he lounged around while floating with mommy! My mom got a picture on her phone so I will maybe post that later but I do not have it right now. :( Anyhow, after almost an hour, Ian was ready to get out and take a snooze. So he snoozed away in his little seat while we swam for a little while longer!


After swimming for a little while longer, it was time to get out, dry off, and head to church for the final night of VBS! We had a worship time where we sang all our favorite songs from the week before heading down to the gym for hotdogs, giant inflatables, balloon animals, popcorn, and other fun games! After a little while I went and got Ian out of the nursery and pushed him around in the stroller. He was so chill the whole time. I am seriously so lucky!


Saturday my brother and sister-in-law made the trip down to join in on the fun. There was more early afternoon swimming, lunch at one of our favorite local places followed by yummy dessert! It was shaping up to be a great summer day!


After lunch we did some more swimming. Well, most everyone did. I opted out of getting Ian back out there. We relaxed in the shade and watched. Ian was just as content to do that, as was I! 


It was the perfect afternoon of celebrating our sweet daddy, known as Pop around our place. We tease my dad since him and mom have moved to this new house that the extra detached garage is his place since he parks his truck there and has a lot of his things out there. My brother and sister-in-law got him a sign so that everyone will know whose place it is!


He also got a new towel, along with mema!


I am so absolutely blessed to have these two in my life and glad we took time to celebrate my daddy and how awesome he is! I love you daddy and Ian loves his Pop!







No comments:

Post a Comment