Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Me and my little man were looking forward to our weekend and getting his three month pictures taken by a sweet friend! So much of the week last week was spent trying to keep his finger nails cut and filed so that he wouldn't scratch himself. The picture below is from Wednesday, as you can see- he was winning that war! 


Luckily, by Friday, he didn't have any fresh scratches and the one above wasn't as noticeable. The sweet friend who took his pictures is actually a sweet gal I met through my sister. My sister is great friends with her and lives in north Ga. This meant making a trip to my sister's house. We didn't mind! After a morning at home and an afternoon of busy happenings, we headed her way.


He did great and I can't wait to see all the great pictures Meredith captured! She showed me two previews which I will post later. I know the suspense is killing you! It was fun to play with my little boy and let Meredith capture his sweet demeanor. After pictures Ian took in his first movie with his big cousins. We all went to see Monsters University. I was kind of nervous because a couple days before I was listening to the radio when they started talking about people who bring babies to movies and disturb the movie for everyone else. I was thinking, great I am going to be that person! However, Ian kicked butt! He slept through the beginning, ate in the middle, and literally sat on my lap and watched the end. My kid rocks! :) There was someone else in the theater who was THAT person for a little while. By the way, totally cute movie!!


I spent the night with my sister Friday night and Ian's first sleepover went well. He slept through the night and enjoyed having his big cousin Jack around when he woke up in the morning. After a yummy breakfast, we all headed back to mema and pop's house to swim. After lunch and swimming it was time to get ready to go to my cousin's for our annual fish fry. Sam enjoyed reading Ian's Humpty Dumpty on the dog bed while waiting  for everyone else to be ready.


Ian was passed around a good bit but he didn't seem to mind too much. Aunt Lisa got in some Ian time as well. He was having fun showing off his smile and "talking" to everyone. This was the fish fry we usually held in celebration of my Grandaddy's birthday. He would have been 93 this year. We all miss greatly but know he was celebrating on his birthday in heaven, he wasn't celebrating himself though- he was celebrating our heavenly Father!


Baby boy and I in our chevron. Boys can rock chevron too! He didn't rock it for too long because it was a little warm in the nursery so he changed into a cooler outfit. :)

1 comment: