Thursday, March 7, 2013

Game, Set, Match


Another throwback picture from college. These are my tennis playing days, which I miss dearly!! This is a sport that I kind of sporadically got involved in when I was freshman in high school and I am so glad I did. It became something I fell in love with and helped get me through college. :) It is a sport that you can play for quite a while because it is not too hard on the joints. It is a sport that definitely challenges your mental and physical abilities. For my dear family and friends, they would tell you the mental part of it was a bit of a challenge for me. I would often end a match with fresh bruises on my shin or leg from hitting my leg out of frustration. My opponent usually never forgot my name because I often yelled at myself when I was too sore from beating myself with my racket. Haha. Needless to say, I may not miss those things so much but I do miss it being part of my daily life for so long. This sport also brought me amazing friends through teammates. Tennis is an interesting sport in that it is individual as well as team oriented and I could not thank the Lord enough for the wonderful teammates I was blessed with for four years. I met some amazing girls who remain wonderful friends to this day!


It helped that we all had a love for food! We all had a great time whenever we went out to eat. We also enjoyed many a girls nights complete with chocolate chip cookies at night and chocolate chip pancakes in the morning. It was our game day fuel...don't judge! 


It is such a treat to know all these wonderful girls when I first joined the team and more wonderful friends were made as these moved on and new faces joined the team, including my lovely roomy and partner for my final season.


So many wonderful memories, all because I picked up a tennis racket!

1 comment: