Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Make a Wish

My family got together Saturday to celebrate mine and my brother-in-laws birthday. My birthday was the 9th and his is the 16th. Guess next year we will have another birthday to throw in the mixture! Anyhow, mom was thrilled to have her first real gathering at her new house and the weather could not have been better!! It was a beautiful day! We enjoyed the fenced in backyard so much. I tell you one thing, it will be hard to go anywhere without one now that I know how great it is to have...for the doggies of course! They ran around and had fun enjoying the warm weather just like everyone else and it kept them out of the kitchen- thus out of the way!


We enjoyed a low country boil which was delicious!! I was somewhat nervous that the spices would kick heart burn into third gear but luckily, it stayed at bay the whole day! It must have known it was my birthday and not to mess with me! :) 


My sweet nephews brought their bikes along and enjoyed riding around on mema and pop's big driveway. They learned quickly not to go too far down because on the way back...it was uphill. My youngest nephew even enjoyed pedaling around on his peewee herman bike! lol, he will even tell you that is what his bike is- a peewee herman bike. Love that crazy kid!!


We also got the cornhole out from its winter retirement. My brother-in-laws family came down to enjoy the day with us. This resulted in a siblings vs siblings game. My brother-in-law and his sister taking on my older brother and sister. My siblings won! That is how we roll! Haha, that and we are all highly competitive! :)


Mema and Pop also have a large basement in their new house. My older brother kept joking that wherever they moved, they should find a house big enough for a ping pong table. Mema and Pop took him seriously and went out and got a ping pong table before our get together Saturday. Pop even hosted a dedication ceremony, rather informal, before my brother and brother-in-law broke it in for the first game. 


Overall, it was a great day and great times with family. I could not have asked for much better. It was just wonderful to sit and enjoy the sunshine and not be freezing!! I am so glad we are turning the corner into spring here in Georgia. I know we still got some cold days ahead because that is just how Georgia teases you! Now, just sitting back and playing the waiting game for baby boy. I will go back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon to check on him and see how he is doing. Until then, going to get back to work and get everything in order for when I will be gone.

1 comment: