Thursday, March 28, 2013

My greatest blessing!

Well, I have been MIA lately and this is the first chance I have had to sit down at an actual computer, not my mini computer- aka smart phone! March 18th, around 6 in the morning this mommy's water broke. We headed to the hospital shortly thereafter to discover I was having contractions 2 and 3 minutes apart! I wasn't feeling them real bad yet, emphasize YET! ;) Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon is when I broke down and decided I was ready for the epidural. I could be giving myself more credit than that. It could have been earlier in the day. I really honestly lost all track of time because, well I was in labor! :) A little after 5 pm I was checked again and deemed over 9 1/2 cent and completely effaced, time to brace myself and get ready to push. I started pushing around 5:30 when my mid wife got there and at 6:45pm my beautiful baby boy entered this world, brought tears to my eyes, and stole my heart! I would love to sit here and gush and gush about how much he has already changed my life but as a new momma, "ain't nobody got time for that!" lol. I will try to get to that soon though because I am dying to express to you all how much my heart melts looking at his sweet face. In the mean time I will leave you with some pictures of my handsome man who came in weighing 6 lbs 14 oz, and was 19 inches long.
The man of my dreams!

Happy man after a good feeding!

Going home!

Super hero in training!

Best cuddle buddy ever!

Already not listening, he seriously LOVES his hands!!

There's my pretty eyes!

Big cousin Sam says I have a little nose and he has a big nose!

Oh, you know, just thinking!

Mommy loves my little bird legs! :)

Last one, for now, of my sweet angel!!











2 comments:

  1. Emily!!! I am so incredibly happy for you, he is a gorgeous boy and he is so blessed to have such an amazing mamma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! He is adorable!! Love those little sleepy facial expressions :)

    ReplyDelete