Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Transformation



I see people doing transformation Tuesday a lot on instagram lately and it inspired me to do this post. This is my dear college roomie and I at a UGA football game back in college. God certainly knew what He was doing when He placed us together, we didn't know each other at all before rooming together. Even though we drove each other crazy sometimes, we spent more time laughing than anything else! There were countless nights of falling asleep to Mean Girls, Cat in the Hat, and countless other movies that were goofy! There was the rattling of pipes everytime some one flushed a toilet, a perk to being next to the bathroom. There was the spying on people in the Quad and yelling at them, then shutting the window real fast so they wouldn't know who it was. There was the late night trip to Huddle House in the pouring rain past curfew, yes I went to a small Christian college and we had a curfew! There was the constant yelling at our RA to go away when she knocked on our door to check curfew! Haha, Keisha always knew we were kidding though- most of the time. There was the four hours we spent in the hallway with our laptops watching movies because of a tornado warning, and sneaking back to our room to pop popcorn! There were so many wonderful memories! Now we are both mothers, she is more seasoned than I am. I feel like we both would admit that neither of us have or pretend to have all the answers. I feel blessed to have one my dearest friends ahead of me in the mother game. I love to hear her stories about her sweet little boy. I am glad to know that over the years when we get together- Ian will have a buddy to play with! So, two careless and crazy college girls have transformed into mothers. We will no doubt have late nights, although for different reasons. We will no doubt have many laughs. We will no doubt be forced to instill curfews of our own one day, and probably be yelled at to go away! :) And one sad day, we will send our boys off to college and pray they will be blessed with as amazing of friends as we got to make!

1 comment: