Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Handful

My little booger hit the five month mark over the weekend! I can't believe how much he has grown and I can't imagine what life would be like without him. It is true, hard to remember what things were like before he came along. I already have resorted to taking him out of his carseat most of the time because the thing is just too darn heavy with him in it! This picture was from Saturday and it was the first time he rode in the grocery cart like a big boy. He is still getting the hang of sitting up on his own so we ended up barricading him in on both sides, lol. He likes to lean! :)


Things Ian likes: standing (with help), kicking his legs as fast as he can, rolling from side to side and rolling over, squealing, babbling, chewing on his paci clip ribbon, and cereal!

He dislikes: When I have to comb through his hair during bath time, missing or being shorted his nap, and long car rides.


Weight/height: Last time we went to the doctor he was 14 pounds 8 oz. so I imagine he is close to 15 pounds by now. He was also 24 1/4 inches tall! He broke the two feet mark! He was in the middle on weight percentage wise, but only about 30% in height. Wonder if we have another growth spurt on the horizon?

Clothing Size: He is still in 3-6 months, thankfully. I was wondering if he would even get to wear that striped shirt above but luckily the weather cooled down some this past week and he had a chance to wear it.


Milestones: He has since started rice cereal in the mornings and in the afternoon. Some days he does great and finishes it all. If he is still sleepy when he wakes up in the morning- he may finish half. But when he is awake enough, he is interested and will let you know when you are taking too long to get the next spoonful to his mouth! Rolling from back to tummy quite easily now.

Sleep: He still takes at least two naps during the day. He doesn't always take a nap before bed anymore. He is usually ready for his bottle and bed by 8:00 and asleep by 8:30-8:45. He is sleeping in his crib now all through the night. Every now and then a bad dream or something causes him to stir but offering him his paci usually soothes him.


Random tidbits: You still love smiling! It is neat to see that you are truly recognizing people you know. I love your chuckle and will keep making you chuckle until you don't find it funny anymore. You like playing peek a boo. You are really starting to take an interest in what the dogs are doing and it makes me giggle. Just the other day when you were sitting in your exer-saucer, Trooper was licking your feet and tickling you and you would just laugh! I love hearing you squeal and then smile, pleased with yourself that you can make that much noise. You still are not a big fan of wearing shoes or socks and I know it will be a challenge come cooler weather to keep them on! I see many lost socks in my future!


I love you so much and I love playing with you, reading to you, rocking you to sleep, and watching you explore the world around you. You are a happy boy and I am so grateful for that. You are an absolute blessing and I pray everyday that God shows me how to love you with the love of Christ and teach you the things you need to know in order to be successful and an example of Christ. I love you booger!!

3 comments:

  1. growing, growing, growing!

    what a cutie! loved catching up on his latest accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting so big! He's adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete