Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Slow But Steady

So I have been trying to get into running. I have been struggling with this for quite a while. It was really hard to find the time to do any kind of exercise with little man in the mix. He is really getting on a steady schedule now though where he is usually in bed by 8:30 or 9:00. So I decided that was the best time to do some running. Now, I live with the parentals and they live out in the not-so-civilized area. This means no sidewalks on the road. So instead of trying to run on the road and getting off the road into the overgrown grass whenever a car comes, I decided to run the driveway. This might sound sort of silly, but I would rather be silly than risk running on the road/grass in the dark where slithering snakes might inhabit! Our driveway is pretty long. It is one of the driveways, you stop when you pull in so you can get the mail because you don't really want to walk that far to get the mail once you get to the top. Anyhow, it kind of works out because it has a slight incline to it- so it gives a little bit of extra work on the way back up. I can't run for near as long as I hope to be able to but it does feel good to at least be at it. I don't get to it every night because sometimes other things are more important- like baking cupcakes for tonight's Initials Launch. But you got to start somewhere right? Slow but steady and it sure does feel good to work up a little sweat and then take a shower before crawling in bed and drifting asleep.


Lovely sweat shine!! ;)

1 comment: