Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nostalgic


Feeling nostalgic this afternoon. My heart warms to see these sweet cousins interact and how excited he was about Baby Ian. I am feeling particularly nostalgic because I was going through old photos on my phone, in preparation to upload and clear out space for more! I came across his fourth month pictures I took and was blown away at how much he had changed since then. I was then taken back a little that those things happen without you even realizing it! You take it day by day and sometimes you don't realize that he is becoming a little man! Don't believe me? Take a look for yourself!


See what I mean?!?! He looks like a baby on the left! On the right he looks like a little boy!! I don't know if I can handle all the cuteness!! As my sister so eloquently reminded me, change is always around the corner! Change is good though. I want him to grow up, just that ever present struggle between holding on and letting go. I get to hold on for now. But soon, I have to start letting go. I have to start not only being ok with him needing me less but foster that! Talk about ripping the band-aid off the wound! 

2 comments:

  1. It's a tough balance keeping perspective, but I know you can do it. Celebrating every milestone while preparing for the next. It certainly looks like you're savoring the sweet journey.

    ReplyDelete