Friday, May 11, 2012

Blog Hop for Military Spouses

milspousebloghop

Well as a military spouse it is always nice to meet people who are facing the same issues as you. Thanks to Household6Diva and Riding the Roller Coaster I have a chance to participate in this blog hop so I thought it might be fun to read about fellow bloggers who stand behind their soldiers just like I do.

Hi, my name is Emily. I am 26 years old and I am an army wife. Being an army wife was something I never imagined calling myself when I was growing up. I was a homebody to the core. I even went to college less than an hour away from home so as to be close to family but still get a new experience. Well, I guess God knew it was okay for me to be a homebody for a little while because at that small college is where I met my husband. My husband and I both played soccer in college and while we were friends for a few months before we started dating I knew as soon as we did start dating I was a goner. We dated for a year and got engaged. I knew my husband had thoughts of the military when he was younger but figured those days were behind us. It was not until my grandfather who served in the military passed away did he discover his passion for serving his country was still alive and well. So about a month after we got engaged he left for basic training and AIT. He came home after AIT for two weeks. We got married and he then left for a year to his duty station. After finishing his time there, we agreed we wanted to start our married life on an adventure- so we signed up for three years in Germany. It has definitely been an adventure. We have two dogs and hope to have kids someday.

We enjoy getting out and exploring whenever we can. We both enjoy sports, although he stays more active than I do. I try to stay connected into the schools because of my teaching degree and my love for kids. I enjoy photography, baking, and decorating in simple and cheap ways. This blog is a place for me to keep in touch with family back home as well as write about adventures we take, things I make, and people I love.

I would have never considered five years ago that I would be a military wife but I am coming up on three years standing behind my soldier and I wouldn't have it any other way!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a exciting and stressful adventure. Thanks for supporting your soldier Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and my hubby both went to a small college too. Cept we both ran cross country. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husbands also went to college then decided to join the Army :) He just finished three years of active duty in January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stopping by from the Blog Hop! We are stationed in Germany too! This is our first duty station and we have been here for almost four years now. We love going on adventures!!! Have a great weekend. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Happy Milspouse Appreciation! I found your blog on the blog hop. :) I look forward to following your blog. -Jen @ The Adventures of Our Army Life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day! Also stopping through from the bloghop. One of our good friends is stationed in Germany and I'm hoping to convince my husband that we need to visit him, since I would love to travel there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! Feel free to use pictures from my blog to convince him! You can show him, look at all the cool castles!! ;)

      Delete
  8. Happy Mil Spouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stopping by from the blog hop! looking forward to reading more. happy military spouse appreciation day, a little late! :)

    http://www.happinessredefined.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day!! :) Hope you have had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm stopping in from the blog hop. I'm currently in Germany also.

    ReplyDelete