Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mema Rocks!!

So while I do not have any kids of my own yet, my sister does and my sweet nephews refer to my mom as "mema." I thought for mother's day I would go ahead and post about my amazing mother and how she deserves so much more than a meager Sunday in May to honor her mothering. So this is for my mom who I will not get to spend mother's day with as I did last year.

Important things you should know about my mom:
1. She was born to be not only a great mother but an incredible grandmother and I can't wait for my future kids to experience the greatness of mema. I know whenever that time comes they will love their mema because she will spoil them, love them, teach them things I cannot, and always be there for them as she was and is for me.
2. She waited on a godly man to commit herself to for her whole life. She may have only been 18 when she said I do, but anyone who knows my parents knows she made the right choice. She has been a living example of how I should love my hubby unconditionally and stand by him with support and love though it all.
3. Like a true southern woman she is a sucker for sweet tea and she didn't mind passing that on to her family, well all except my extremely weird sister! :) Love you Laura!!
4. Both my mom and dad taught me the importance of competitive sports. Don't take this the wrong way because my mom loved and supported me no matter what. But my mom taught us all how to stay strong as a family and spend time together by sharing what we all grew to love, sports! My brother, sister, and myself all participated in sports and still love watching sports. One thing I miss since becoming a military spouse and moving away from home is going to sporting events with my family.
5. She is a superhero! When my military hubby and I got married, the wedding date changed three times thanks to the dear old army. My mom was there by my side the whole time helping me figure it all out and never complaining about any of it! She is a true rock star!
6. She loves to laugh. This is probably a big reason she married my dad, who can make just about anyone laugh. I love that my mom loves to laugh because when she laughs- she lights up the room!
7. She had incredible patience to put up with the numerous fights between my big sister and myself. I do not doubt that there were times when she probably wanted to pull her hair out but she endured it all and because of her my sister and I are closer now than ever before, now that we no longer share a bathroom! ;)
8. Lastly, she instilled in me the importance and value of family. I think my grandfather played a huge role in that but she has faithfully carried that on. She raised us all in church and taught us family values as well as how to honor our Father in heaven.

Thank you mom! I wish I could be there to celebrate with you and hug on you. I can't wait until you get here to visit us in a little over a month!! It will be so wonderful to be sharing our adventure in Germany with our family! I love you mom and Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Your Mom seems like an amazing woman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, sweet sister. I tend to agree...we hit the mom jackpot for sure. Blessed to have her and you too!

    ReplyDelete