Monday, May 14, 2012

Memories on Monday

Every now and then I get the sudden urge to look at what bizarre holiday might be on a particular day. I did this a good bit last year but have not done so quite as much this year. I randomnly looked it up what might be the bizarre or unique holiday for today, May 14th- Dance like a Chicken Day! I immediately began chucking to myself because at this time last year I was home with my family. On this particular day last year, I happened to be doing the bizarre holiday for the day and convinced my 3 year old nephew to join in! I even blogged about it if I remember correctly. Life is funny how it cycles back around! :) I wonder if Jack will dance like a chicken for me even from far away!

Jack celebrating "Dance Like a Chicken" Day last year!
This sweet lil boy is 4 years old now, obviously, and growing up so fast. He started his first year of t-ball this year and you have no idea how badly it killed his Aunt Emmy to not be there to go to his games. I am extremely excited however that he and the rest of my family will be visiting with us shortly at the end of June. I know he will probably be happier to see this little guy than me but oh well!

I am sure he is also excited about meeting his new puppy cousin, Trooper, who he has only seen on webcam. I am sure the pups will love having someone on their level to bug and lick on!! So, if your kids get bored and you want to do something fun and silly, dance like a chicken!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great holiday LOL. Thanks for talking about it I needed a smile on this Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! this explains why Chick fil A was having a contest for people to dance like a chicken for prizes.

    jack is very excited about visiting, and yes he will probably be excited about seeing the pups!

    ReplyDelete