Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Color me YELLOW?

I have heard that such a thing existed but did not get to experience for the first time until this past Monday evening. I am trying to make an effort to do a better job at watching what I eat so one of my favorite desserts has become watermelon. I get a small watermelon from the commissary, slice it open, use my melon ball scoop to scoop it out and save it a container for easy snacking or for a good dessert. It had been a while since I had watermelon so I made sure to get a nice looking one on my shopping trip Monday. I got home and put away all the groceries and left my watermelon out to cut it up and save it in containers. It was not until after dinner I got around to actually slicing it open. I was so excited to get that pinkest middle piece that is always soooo good!! I used one my big knives, sliced it open and found this:


I immediately racked my brain to think if there was any other watermelon looking foods that I could have possibly picked up when my hubby reminded me that yellow watermelon does indeed exist. I was a little hesitant to try it but it indeed taste like pink watermelon. I didn't get as many good pieces from it as I typically do a pink watermelon but none the less got my watermelon fix!!

No comments:

Post a Comment