Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Womanly Ways

This weekend some good friends of ours came to stay with us for a night. On Saturday we got out to sight see a little around the town. This family has been our family away from family. We used to be five minutes down the road from each other in Mannheim but we have both moved since and are now a solid two hours away. We went from seeing each other at least every other day to maybe once every two months so it was a special treat to have them here. We starting talking about all the things we want to get done in our last year and few months here in Germany and I started shaking my head in disbelief that come August of this summer we only have one more year here. I gripe a lot about being far away from family but it has been an adventure in and of itself living in a foreign country these past two years. So I truly hope we both get every thing checked off our "Germany Bucket List."

Anyhow, we went to the castle in Heidelberg and walked around down town before stopping for dinner at the Hard Rock. The boys were teasing my friend and I because we came across a few different weddings where the bride and groom were having their picture taken. My friend and I both stopped to take pictures and ooohhh and aaaahhh over their special day. I thought about how funny it is that women can't resist a wedding. We are drawn to the romantic setting! I loved planning my wedding as crazy as it was but I was immediately sad that it was all done.


All in all it was a great weekend with great friends!! Maybe I will include the German Bucket List in my next entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment