Thursday, May 17, 2012

Making Mom Giggle!

So for Mother's Day we interviewed our sweet little kindergarten kids to see what they had to say about their moms. It is so much fun to do this and I hope it is even better for the moms to see themselves through the eyes of their babes. I hope when we sent them home it made the moms giggle as much as it made me giggle asking them. Here are the questions we asked along with some of my favorite answers:

1. How old is your mom?
    A says, "Maybe 6"
    D says, "She never tells us- maybe 23"
    R says "16" (she isn't by the way!)

2. What is your mom's job?
   T says, "To be the boss of the house"
   M says, "She goes to the bank and gives money to people."
   N says, "She works- she works hard."
   S says, "She doesn't have one- she goes to a book club."

3. Why do you have your mom and not someone else's mom?
   S says, "Because I came from her."
   R says, "Because my mom gives us good stuff, not bad stuff."
   N says, "I only have one mom."
   N says, "Because she didn't marry anyone else."
   T says, "Because my mom doesn't want me to be caught by strangers."

4. What is your favorite food that your mom cooks?
   T says, "Every food except her chicken."
   N says, "Steak with the green stuff."
   A says, "oranges, apples, grapes, and meat with the blood coming out." (Guess he takes it rare!)

5. What does your mom love to wear?
   Most all said, "dresses"
   M said, "The bank clothes"

6. What does your mom smell like?
   T says, "She doesn't smell like anything."
   A says, "Brown skin."

7. What is something that your mom always says?
   C says, "Don't say bad stuff."
   D says, "That she loves me."
   M says, "Close the door."
   T says, "I'm the boss."

8. What makes your mom mad?
    A says, "When I hit my sister."
    T says, "My brother thinking he's the boss."
    N says, "When she breaks something."

9. What makes your mom happy?
    C says, "Playing with me."
    S says, "To see me."
    N says, "When I get something for her- she really loves rice krispie treats
    T says, "Getting married with my dad."

10. What does your mom do when she is with her friends?
    N says, "Talks a lot."
    S says, "Go to the movies."
   
11. Why is your mom the best mom ever?
    R says, "Because she says yes to everything."
    S says, "She takes care of me."
    A says, "She always makes the food I like."
    T says, "Because she is my boss, I mean not my boss- she is my friend." (Did you catch the boss theme?)
 
I loved hearing what these sweet ones said about their moms. These moms are all amazing moms especially since some of them have been dealing with a deployment all year long. I admire the moms of our little ones and hope they had a very special day all to themselves!

1 comment:

  1. These are great. Love the boss theme & the book club comment! Ha, what a fun group!

    ReplyDelete